Re: Getting rid of "xconsole"

On Thu, Dec 28, 2000 at 10:43:53PM -0500, Hall Stevenson wrote:

> At some point, an "apt-get update && apt-get upgrade" made a
> change that has "xconsole" starting up along with X-Windows. I
> personally don't like the program and don't use it and would
> like to get rid of it.

Hi,

I will assume that you are using an X display manager like xdm,
wdm etc. If that isn't the case, please ignore this message.

I use wdm, Debian 2.2r0. In the file /etc/X11/wdm/wdm.options,
there is a line 'run-xconsole' which opens xconsole when wdm is
started. To disable this feature, either comment out this line
with a hash mark, or add a 'no-' prefix to make it
'no-run-xconsole'. See the manpage wdm.options(5).

Ditto for xdm.

HTH,
Raghavendra.

--
N. Raghavendra <raghu@mri.ernet.in> | Medicine makes people ill,
Harish-Chandra Research Institute   | mathematics make them sad,