Re: New course for Debian University

Rob VanFleet wrote:
  >In /usr/share/doc/kernel-package/README.gz:
  >
  >	"...unpack your kernel somewhere. Preferably somewhere other than
  >	/usr/src/linux..."
  >
  >It also adds "more on this later", but I found no explanation as to why, jus
  >some possible places to unpack the sources to, none of which are
  >/usr/src/linux.

You may have several kernel source versions on your disk.  You should
point /usr/src/linux as a symbolic link to the one you are currently
building.  Do not download into it, because you then risk having 2 versions
mixed together (or else create the new version directory and point /usr/src/linux
to it just before you unpack the archive).

If you load the Debian kernel-source... packages, each downloads into
a different directory, with the appropriate name.

     "For God shall bring every work into judgment,
      with every secret thing, whether it be good, or
      whether it be evil."               Ecclesiastes 12:14