Re: New course for Debian University

On Thu, Dec 28, 2000 at 07:29:12PM +0100, Carel Fellinger wrote:
> I think it would be wise (and more debian like:) to explain how to
> compile the kernel as *non* root using fakeroot.  Furthermore I seem
> to recall discussions on this list that it's better to refrain from
> using/creating that /usr/src/linux link.

I've been reading that as well, but I have yet to find out why it is a bad
idea.  Also, when my system was originally installed I didn't have
/usr/src/linux symlink, but until I made one I couldn't compile any modules.
So how would one tell code that needs to look for the kernel headers to look
somewhere else?

-Rob