Re: inetd questions

-> I have a couple of questions regarding inetd (and other things)
->
-> 1)  Is possible to control what interfaces the services in inetd bind to?

xinetd is the answer.

-> 2)  is possible to specify either
-> 	a) what interfaces a particular user can log in through  or
-> 	b) what ip addresses a particular user can log in from?

well, this has to do with pam probably (/etc/pam.d/login)

# Uncomment and edit /etc/security/access.conf if you need to
# set access limits.
# (Replaces /etc/login.access file)
# account  required       pam_access.so

that will control where can any user log in from, not what interface
through, but combining with ipchains - deny packets going from one interface
to port 22,23 on other interface - could help.

--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, sysadmin at NEXTRA, Slovakia; IRCNET admin of *.sk
 uhlar@fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/ ; http://www.nextra.sk/

---
Odchozí zpráva obsahuje viry.
Verze: 6.0.217 / Virová báze: 102 - datum vydání: 1/12/2000