Fetchmail and exim ... again

I know the combination of fetchmail and exim is discussed frequently, but I don't know if the problem I'm having is similar. What's happening is, if I use fetchmail to get my mail from my ISP, I never see it. The log file shows it getting messages, but they never show up in my mailbox. Exim is running all the time, as a daemon vs in inted.conf.

~> ps ax | grep exim
  164 ?        S      0:00 /usr/sbin/exim -bd -q30

I hate testing this too much, as I'm sure everyone can understand !! ;)

>From the fetchmail FAQ, when this happens, it's usually because my MTA isn't setup up correctly. That's where I'll have a problem... I did set it up during installation and I can send mail fine.

Looking at the exim.conf file, the settings for "qualify_recipient" and "local_domains" are the first place I had ideas about. "qualify_recipient" is commented out. "local_domains" looks like this:

local_domains = localhost:mindspring.com:eeyore.homeip.net

I know *I* added the "eeyore.homeip.net" entry, but think that the setup added both "localhost" and "mindspring.com".

I'm off to exim's site now, but any help from here is appreciated !

Thanks in advance
Hall Stevenson