Missing memory and defunct rodent

Greetings - two questions.

1. I have just added 128MB of memory to the miserable 32 already on my
 machine at home and it seems that the kernel is only detecting 64MB of it.
 A vast improvement, but I want it all...

 I tried append="mem=160m" in lilo.conf, ran lilo and got a kernel panic -
 not only the kernel let me tell you!  The bios knows it's there but
 the kernel sn't picking it up.  What should I add to lilo.conf?

 2. My mouse has died.  It is a ps2 mouse and my gpm.conf reads like this

device=/dev/gpmdata
responsiveness=
repeat_type=raw
type=ps2
append=""

Until the disaster above evrything worked - any hints as to what might be
damaged?

TIA

Glyn M

       * "The soul is greater than the hum of it's parts. " *
       *                 Douglas Hoftstatder                *