Re: backups

On Wed, Dec 20, 2000 at 05:11:32PM -0500, Ken Weingold wrote:
> I am going to be setting up Linux server at work for something and
> want to do backups, weekly I guess.  Any suggestions on software to do
> this?  I am not familiar with unix backups.
"There is more than one way to do it"
Out there are several solutions.
The free solutions are self made shell Scripts with
tar/cpio/taper/bzip2 etc.
AFAIK are commercial solutions avaible from knox (arkeia) and from a
few other vendors. Ask your favourit backup soft provider for a
linux/unix solution.

Cu,
Sven

--
Sven Hoexter Earth - Germany - Leverkusen
e-mail: sven@telelev.net