RE: Instaling dbi in debian

http://search.cpan.org/search?dist=CPAN is the link to the source.

you can either search for perl modules using cpan from the command line, or

http://search.cpan.org

after compiling and installing cpan, installing a bundle from the command
line is as easy as

# cpan
cpan> install DBI

it compiles and installs automatically for you, including any dependencies
needed for each perl module package.

hope this helps.

Jason