Re: yet another ppp failure story...

At 11:30 PM -0800 12/19/00, Nate Amsden wrote:
and even if you don't have a mouse it may be a good idea to kill gpm
just incase
/etc/init.d/gpm stop
or gpm -k
or killall -9 gpm
or just remove it :) (i never use it ..)

nate

You may be right about the mouse interferring with the connection. I will try that out later tonight. But I'm not so sure about a conflict between the mouse and /dev/ttyS0. I know that I have seen that device identified as the mouse in some literature. However, none of the other ttyS? work as well. /dev/ttyS0 is the only one that actually makes my modem dial. This could be because I am running Debian on Macintosh 7500 PowerPC with 2 serial ports, one for the printer and the other for the modem.

Thanks for the advice,
--
W. Crowshaw