Re: Installing new software under (debian/storm linux)

    dem0nline> I just installed Storm Linux and I am have a question
    dem0nline> about adding new software to my machine. When I run
    dem0nline> dpkg -i someapp.deb it tells me that it fails about a
    dem0nline> dozen dependencies. Is there some easy way to install
    dem0nline> all the dependencies without manually downloading and
    dem0nline> installing each one of them.  I remember in FreeBSD
    dem0nline> when you install a port and if it fails dependencies
    dem0nline> then it will automatically download and install those
    dem0nline> too.  Is there any similar feature in Storm Linux?

Yes.

        apt-get install <packagename>

will get all dependencies as well.

If it complains, add the following lines to /etc/apt/sources.list:

	deb	http://http.us.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
	deb-src	http://http.us.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free

	deb	http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main contrib non-free
	deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main contrib non-free