Re: IRQ: how to find out which is to be used?

Erik Steffl <steffl@bigfoot.com> writes:
ES> I have internal modem (real one, it works, the question is not about
ES> it and I know I should get external one:-) which acts as a serial port.
ES> It is ISA PnP card, can use different IRQs.
ES>
ES> My main question is: how do I find out which IRQ it uses using linux
ES> tools?

The short answer is "it uses any IRQ you want it to", it being a
plug-and-pray device.

Slightly longer answer: install the isapnptools package.  Run
'pnpdump'; this will give you a listing of all of the PnP devices on
your system, with some configurable parameters.  Save the result into
/etc/isapnp.conf and edit to taste.  You can run '/etc/init.d/isapnp
start' to test the results; that file will also be used to configure
your PnP devices to your liking on every boot.

--
David Maze             dmaze@mit.edu          http://www.mit.edu/~dmaze/
	-- Abra Mitchell