fetchmail's aka not working?

Hi,

I'm trying to help others with fetchmail to discover that fetchmail
doesn't work like the docs tell it should:(

running the latest of potato, fetchmail 5.3.3+NTLM+SDPS+NLS.

According to the docs:

  The aka option now matches hostname suffixes, so (for example) saying
  `aka netaxs.com' will match not just netaxs.com but also (say)
  pop3.netaxs.com and mail.netaxs.com.

but if I try this in multi-drop mode it keeps complaining that
mail.netaxs.com is no alias for the mailserver, how come?

--
groetjes, carel