Re: exim (probably broken thread)

On Sun, Dec 17, 2000 at 10:26:41AM +0100, Jonathan Gift wrote:
> Hi,
> I didn't know taht one could run exim in naything but daemon mode? How
> can I set it upotherwise and have it work with fetchmail?

There are some long winding threads going on on setting up exim
and fetchmail, but normally it's a snap:)

Per default exim is started up from inet.d, but if you once set
it up to run in daemon mode, all you have to do is add a line
to /etc/inetd.conf:

#:MAIL: Mail, news and uucp services.
smtp            stream  tcp     nowait  mail    /usr/sbin/exim exim -bs

You'll have to check your exim crontab, it might have been changed to
deal with daemon mode too.

For fetchmail just use fetchmailconf.

--
groetjes, carel