everything except for ping in IPmasq

Hi I've sort of got ip masqerading working now, in that I can browse the
web, ssh and ftp, etc from masqed machines, but ping does not work :(

this was a hassle beacause I was using ping to test and it took me some
time to realise that anything was happening at all.

when I ping an internet ip address from a masqed machine, the requests
time out (even with long timeouts)

tracert gets as far as the gateway (192.168.0.1) before everything else
times out.

the masqed machine is a win95 box.

any ideas?

Today people in droves hurry up past Heumoz to Villars
on the road to the ski hills, so they can rush down them
as fast as possible, so they can hurry up again in order
to rush down again.  In a way this is funny,...

			Francis A Schaeffer

David Purton

http://www.chariot.net.au/~dcpurton/
dcpurton@chariot.net.au