Re: [OT] Apple IIe help please

On Sat, Dec 02, 2000 at 10:53:45AM -0600, Richard Cobbe wrote:
> Lo, on Friday, December 1, Lizard did write:
>
> > At 06:25 PM 12/1/2000, D-Man wrote:
> >
> > >Hi all.  I apologize for the off topic-ness of the message and the
> > >cross-post.
> > >I have a friend who has a program she likes (written in BASIC) on an Apple
> > >IIe.
> > >I have a way to get into the code and list it on the screen.  What I am
> > >looking
> > >for is someone who has had some experience using an Apple IIe who can tell me
> > >how I can get the listing to be redirected to the printer port.  Also if it is
> > >possible to get a copy of the program file onto a disk for an IBM compatible
> > >comptuer (Windows or Linux) that would be great.
> >
> > Gods, THAT brings back memories! Something like "PRINT #1" or the like? I
> > know you specify a port..."IN #1" turned on the printer? Maybe? I'm sorry,
> > I'm dredging up memories from 20+ years ago...
>
> Close.  Try PR#1 instead (at least, I *THINK* port 1 is the printer).  That
> should redirect all subsequent output to the printer.  To reset, do PR#0.
> So, something like
>
> LOAD BLAH.BAS
> PR#1            (from this point on, you'll be typing blind)
> LIST
> PR#0            (and you'll be back to normal)
>
> As for converting the file to a PC disk, you'll probably need to transfer
> it to a PC electronically---a dial-up link or a null modem cable is
> probably your best bet.
>
> Amazed that I still remember this stuff (haven't used an Apple II in 12
> years),

and notice how none of the responses were offended
in any way? this is about as Off Topic as it gets
(except for maybe tips on removing barnacles or
replanting yew trees) and all these debian-user
folks wanted to do was help.

it's downright amazing!

--

will@serensoft.com    ***    http://www.dontUthink.com/

volunteer to document your experience for next week's
newbies -- http://www.eGroups.com/messages/newbieDoc