Re: New documentation for Debian available

On Wed, Dec 13, 2000 at 01:44:25PM -0600, David A. Rogers wrote:
> I am in the process of writing some documentation for Debian.  It is
> oriented toward end-user desktop systems instead of servers.  Eventually,
> it will give enough information to allow the end-user to set up a ocmplete
> home system including sound, printer, cd-burner etc.
>
> It is also oriented toward education rather than magic incantation.  To
> emphasize this orientation, I have called the document "Debian University".
> The document contains a number of courses that will enhance your knowledge of
> how Linux works and how Debian is set up.  If you are the sort that says "Just
> tell me how to get my wonderblaster 2000 working.", then you probably won't
> care for "Debian University".
>
> This is still very much a document in the making.  Many of the courses I
> intend to write are still in the future.  However, some courses are currently
> complete, so I am making it available now.  I will be adding to "Debian
> University" as I have time.
>
> Please let me know if you find anything in the document confusing or less than
> explanatory.
>
> Debian University is available at:
>
> http://www.xnet.com/~darogers/debian_university.txt

i'm adding a link at eGroups.com/links/newbieDoc/ to your
debian_university. if you object, i'll rip it out (and
pout for a few hours).

--
There are only two places in the world where time takes
precedence over the job to be done.  School and prison.

will@serensoft.com    ***    http://www.dontUthink.com/

volunteer to document your experience for next week's
newbies -- http://www.eGroups.com/messages/newbieDoc