Re: Woody: Can't start X as regular user

On 14/12/2000 at 10:53 -0500, Juergen Fiedler wrote:
<snip...>
> When anyone but root tries to run 'startx', I get the following error:
> X: user not authorized to run the X server, aborting.
> Of course, users can still use X via [xg]dm.
Yadda, yadda...

> My Xwrapper.config file looks like this:
> ---
> allowed_users=any
> nice_value=-10
> ---
"allowed_users" should be "console" for allowing anyone in front of your
computer to start X or "anybody" for anybody (not "any" as you have it).

> I didn't see anything about this in the archives. Does anyone know what's
> going on there?

That's strange.. There must have been at least 5 threads about this lately.
Could this be due to the (referred in another thread) malfunctioning of the
Search engine of the archives?

Regards, sena...

--
sena@decoy.ath.cx, http://decoy.ath.cx/~sena/
gpg fingerprint: F20B 12A8 A8F6 FD1F 9B1D BA62 C424 8E73 DD2E 47C8