Pretty Printing from XEmacs esp. printing VM Messages

I got my postscript printer configured, and would now obviously like to
know how to configure ps-print for fancy and pretty printing of buffers.

My postscript printer is a Lexmark Optra E312, and is a mono laserjet.

I am most interested in being able to print messages from VM and GNUS,
particularly using bold and italic fonts, etc.

Never having used ps-print before, I'd like to know how other people
have got ps-print setup (show me the code!) for their pretty printing
needs.

I am using VM-6.87 and GNUS-5.8.7 with XEmacs-21.1.12.

TIA.

--
Salman Ahmed
ssahmed AT pathcom DOT com