Re: Q: Where lm_sensors to compile?

On Thu, Dec 14, 2000 at 11:04:55AM +0100, Jonathan Gift wrote:
> > apt-get install lm-sensors-source
> >
> > can be builded thru kernel-package, read kernel-package docs for more
> > info.
>
> Oh, thanks. I'll read up, but what am I looking for. What's the general
> procedure... Like add the new packge to the kernel package, usre an
> include? Or you know what doc offhand?
the doc describing this is /usr/share/doc/kernel-package/README.gz

in short:
you possibly need to extract some file like lm-sensors.tar.gz in
/usr/src, or there should be some dir like /usr/src/modules/lm-sensors
cd /usr/src/linux (or other source location)
be sure your _correct_ kernel config is in ./.config (if you built the
kernel with kernel-package too, it's ok, just do make menuconfig
before).
make-kpkg --revision=3:hostname.1.0 (this is my version numbering)
modules_image (kernel_image)
(you only need to add kernel_image if you want to compile your kernel
too, if already installed, just copy your currect kernel config to
.config before, and only do modules_image)

the packages will be created in /usr/src, like
lm-sensors-modules_version....deb, and possibly a
kernel-image-2.2.x....deb

read the kernel-package docs for more info.

BTW: don't you need i2c too, for this work? i2c-source is a separate
package, and you need it for lm-sensors stuff, the i2c code in the
kernel is quite old iirc, read the lm-sensors docs (guess
/usr/share/doc/lm-sensors-source) for more info, there's possibly some
info about building it there too.

--
> Name:           Alson van der Meulen      <
> Personal:       alson@linuxfreak.nl       <
> School:       alson@gymnasiumleiden.nl    <
Go get your backup tape. (You do ha a backup tape?)