Re: Missing crypt in Pine compile?

On Wed, 13 Dec 2000 at 19:40:17 -0500, Dwight Johnson wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, Colin Watson wrote:
> > Looks like it needs an -lcrypt there next to -lncurses, at least
> > assuming that you have libc6-dev installed. (I doubt you'd have got that
                           ^^^^^^^^^
> > far if it weren't.)
>
> Yes, it does need an -lcrypt.
>
> My question is: what package do I install to get the 'crypt' function?

As above, libc6-dev. Put -lcrypt into the appropriate place in the pine
Makefiles and it should work. (I've just compiled a small test program
that way with no problems.)

I don't know why pine's configure script didn't do that for you, though.

> I have already tried installing the 'mailcrypt' package, and that is not
> the right one.

No, mailcrypt has nothing at all to do with this.

Regards,