RE: cron/at question.

At 12:48 PM 12/13/00 -0800, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
>> Three questions:
>>
>> 1) both cron and at seem to run programs in the background. However there
>> is no pid when I do a ps aux, so how do I stop a job from running?
>
>if a program is running, it will have a pid

Fine, so where can I find it? If I run radio straight from the command
prompt ps and ps aux will list a pid for radio. If I run radio via cron/at
there is no pid when I do ps or ps aux. In fact, there is no pid for
anything at the time cron/at executes radio. You'd expect at least
something, either a pid for radio or a pid for at. That's what I found
strange, hence my question.

Cheerio,

Hans
---

It's nice to be liked, but better by far to get paid -- Liz Phair