Re: HT configure an IDE/ATAPI ZIP drive?

Eric G . Miller wrote:

On Tue, Dec 12, 2000 at 10:28:08PM -0600, Dan Griswold wrote:

Hi all,

I have an internal IDE/ATAPI ZIP 100 in my box. I can mount,
read/write, and umount it. But I cannot eject it. :-(

Now, I know I've done it before. But that was under SuSE 6.1 (some
time ago). And of course, I could boot into some unmentionable OS and
eject the disk. Ugh.

So, I figure that I need to configure something properly in the
kernel. I've recompiled the kernel 3 times tonight, and modules too,
and still no luck.

Anybody know what I'm overlooking?

I think you need a tool that can send the proper ioctl to the kernel.
Think jazip or ziptool (seems not to be in woody) should work.  Don't
know if jaztool (which is present in woody) works with Zip drives.

You need to compile scsi emulation into your kernel.
So under Block Devices say yes to "SCSI EMulation Support"

Pascal
paashaas@rice.edu