Re: small blocks or more inodes?

"nate@firetrail.com" <nate@firetrail.com> wrote:
>To follow up on an email i sent not to long ago I have been digging
>through ext2 documentation to try to find what is the best setup for
>storing tons of small files(tens/hundreds of thousands).

I believe that the parameters mke2fs uses when you say 'mke2fs -T news'
are at least in the right direction, if not the best. Lots of small
files is almost the definition of news.

Note, though, that ext2fs' linear directory searching makes it a poor
choice for anything involving large numbers of entries in a single
directory. If that's necessary, I understand ext3fs and/or reiserfs are
better at this.