does there exist a lib for userspace producer/consumer?

I am looking for a library that addresses the producer/consumer problem
for buffers in userspace (probably using the pthread library.  So instead
of saying

/* Bunch of thread startup order synchronization stuff */
/* do what is to be done to a segment of the buffer */
/* lock next negment */
/* release last segment */

for all the threads that need to access the ring buffer, I can just write
a function like

/* transform one buffer segment as desired */

Then call a function with a callback to concurrently make that
transformation on all segments in a specified order with other similar
transforming functions.  Does anyone know if anything like this exists?

Britton Kerin
__
GNU GPL: "The Source will be with you... always."