Re: Help meaning pgp: Can't check signature...

    jg> Hi, I've installed pgp, set up my publick key, and got rid of
    jg> the majotrity of heading pgp referencing msgs. the only one
    jg> left is:

    jg> 1. pgp: Signature made Monday...  Which is a confirmation of
    jg> the other's signature, I understand that.  2. gpg: Can't check
    jg> sigature: public key not found

    jg> Now, is the latter because I'm not logged on to the net and it
    jg> can't check a public keysite? Or because I haven't the senders
    jg> public key?

Because you don't have the sender's public key.

    jg> Is it expected therefore when I've logged off my ISP? If not,
    jg> how do I get rid of it.

If you don't really care about the whole pgp aspect, you can put

set pgp_verify_sig=no

in your ~/.muttrc (assuming you're using mutt of course).  Otherwise
you will get this message when you hit a key that you don't have.

    jg> Q: The servers I was given doesn't work. is there an url for a
    jg> keyserver?

Well, I've found that wwwkeys.pgp.net works as well as
search.keyserver.net but YMMV.

--
Chris