Re: Re: es1371 (SOLVED hopefully )

---- Begin Original Message ----
Hello,
* romain lerallut (rom1@catsrule.garfield.com) wrote:
>> BUT
>> - there's nothing in /dev/sndstat  (the file "exists" but cat /dev/sndstat say no such device)
>> - there's no /proc/sound file
>> AND
>
>	This is normal since the es1371 driver is not fully OSS compatible.
---- End of Original Message ----

THAT WAS IT!!!!!
I was using libOSS.so as an output plugin for xmms. I compiled es1371 in the
kernel, I also installed esd and it works fine.

I guess cat hop.au > /dev/dsp uses OSS, so that may be why it trashed also the system.
Can anyone tell me more about this ?
This is a security risk, how can I protect my system against this ??

Anyway thanks a LOT

Romain