Re: Root access

Erik van der Meulen wrote:

> This should be obvious, but I have not been able to find it myself...
>
> I would like to access my system (all local) as root directly. Now I
> telnet as ordinary user and su to root for maintanance. I know this is
> considered 'bad practice', but I would like to be able to do this
> anyway.

what is stopping you from doing this ?? i havent seen a local unix
system yet that denied root logins on the console, and linux
distributions in general usually allow anyone to su to root. if you want
to telnet as root(not reccomended unless the network is in a secure
state) edit /etc/securetty to add the terminals you want root to be able
to login on.

nate

--
:::