Re: OT: 3dfx voodoo 5 errata

Quoth Peter Jay Salzman,
> to be honest, the 39fps is an improvement over the voodoo3, but not by much.
> i was expecting something much, much faster.   is there anyone else on this
> list with a voodoo5 or voodoo4 and quake3?  can you email me your benchmarks
> for timedemo1?  i'd like to compare numbers.

This is completely from memory, and I don't have one of these cards (I
have a Voodoo3 PCI in a windows machine tho), but I believe that the
3dfx linux drivers only actually used one of the two chips on the card,
effectively making them equivalent to a Voodoo 4.

Of course, this could have changed now, or have been completely wrong to
start with :)

cheers,

damon

--
Damon Muller              | Did a large procession wave their torches
Criminologist/Linux Geek  | As my head fell in the basket,