Re: Case of login relevant?

On 11/12/2000 at 12:28 -0800, kmself@ix.netcom.com wrote:
> Yes.  UserIDs are case sensitive, except in the special case of a userid
> entered in uppercase only, in which case the system assumes that your
> tty cannot use lowercase characters.

Is there any documentation that describes the behaviour of the system when a
userid is entered in uppercase only?

When I type something at the login: prompt (getty), instead of a "Password:"
prompt, I get a "PASSWORD:" prompt, but I don't know the reason for any of
this...

If you (or anybody) could give me some hints, I'd appreciate it.

TIA, sena...

--
sena@decoy.ath.cx, http://decoy.ath.cx/~sena/
gpg fingerprint: F20B 12A8 A8F6 FD1F 9B1D BA62 C424 8E73 DD2E 47C8