Re: dselect

On Mon, Dec 11, 2000, Martin Bialasinski wrote:
> * "Ken" == Ken Weingold <hazmat@hellrot.org> wrote:
>
> Ken> Kind of, thanks.  But I remember something even more general,
> Ken> like I could select Workstation, and it would install a whole
> Ken> bunch of packages that one might want, like editors, X, Internet
> Ken> stuff, etc.
>
> This was part of the Debian 2.1 installation. One reason why it was
> replaced was that you can't run it a second time. Therefore it is
> deleted after the installation.

Ok.  That would explain it then.  The first Debian release I ever
installed was 2.1.  Silly I guess that you can't go back.  Would be a
nice feature.  I cound't do it initially because I needed to set up
pppoe to I could have Net access.  Catch 22, huh? :)

-Ken

--
hazmat@hellrot.org            AIM: ScopusFest