exim (II)

Hello!,

I am running potato at home. I still have problems trying to make exim
work. I think something is wrong in my exim.conf file. I will appreciate
very much any help regarding this matter!

1) I've already posted this before, in spite the kindly answers I receive
still I have the same problem: fetchmail is not able to fetch emails
from my ISP. Here follows a copy of one session with fetchmail:

myaccount@micro:~$ fetchmail --protocol pop3 --username myaccount
myISP.com
Enter password for myaccount@myISPcom: (my password)
3 messages for myaccount at myISP.com (7943 octets).
reading message 1 of 3 (889 octets) fetchmail: SMTP connect to localhost
failed
fetchmail: SMTP transaction error while fetching from myISP.com
fetchmail: Query status=10 (SMTP)

what could be wrong?

2) Following the Christoph Groth's suggestion, I looked in the
MAIL part of the inetd.conf file, but in my case it is empty. Is this a
problem? I'm connecting to my ISP trough a dial-up connection only.

3) Any mail a try to send to the external world, using mutt or mail, goes
to /var/spool/mail/myaccount and sits there for ever.

4) This is not a problem, just a question. The file
/var/spool/mail/myaccount is a symbolic link to /var/mail/myaccount. This
is normal?

Again, any help will be very appreciated!!

Cheers,

E-Mail: chiappa@centroin.com.br