Re: Need help: Moved /home now lost xmessage use?

> they had originally ? You didn't copy anything right ? Just remounted it
> ??? If you did copy, how did you do that ? cp -a would have been a good
> way (-a=backup, means so much as keep all permissions and make symlinks
> and sockets too I think).

Thanks for getting back to me. I don't know if I should panic or not...
Ok, as for copying, I used mc from root terminal. I checked the
permissions and they're all the same. It's all been chown to me again.
The fstab entry is the same permissions... What is puzzling is
everything else seems to wrok, gimp, blackbox, etc. I checked that it
came from the xcontrib package and reloaded it, no fix.

Here's the weird thing. It works from root X on another partition. But I
created a test user and tried xmessage from there and got the same
error. That points to the partition? To fstab? What else? Fstab looks
ok, same settings on my new /hda3 as I had on /hda8...

Any thoughts of help.

Jonathan

--

	    "Hey, I think I finally got the hang of i-"