permission problem

I've moved /home from / to a new partition, but I now find that I can't run
certain things, e.g. Staroffice 5.2 and OpenOffice 6.05. I've checked
permissions, groups, fstab, etc. but all seems to be correctly set. And to
make things even stranger, not even root can install stuff like Staroffice
of Photopaint. Untarring stuff is okay, but not installation. Is there an
issue with moving things to a new partition and permissions? Thanks.

Hans

---

It's nice to be liked, but better by far to get paid -- Liz Phair