Re: xdm questions; resolution?

At 2:53 PM -0800 12/8/00, Erik Steffl wrote:
  if you are using X 4.X note that it uses /etc/X11/XF86Config-4, if
such a file exists.

	erik

Gregory Guthrie wrote:

 > I installed xdm, via XF86Setup; but due to setup problems, choose only a
 > low resolution.
 >
 > Now I edited the XF86COnfig file, added higher resolutions, but it still
 > always starts at low resolution.
 >
 > Also, the files there are very shallow, out of date, e.g. there are only
 > 2-3 Trident files in Devices.gz, and only 2 NEC monitors in Monitors.gz.
 >
 > I thought there were special key-codes to cycle xdm through various
 > resolutions, but can't find that information.
 >
 > Also, how does one exit xdm and fall-back to command mode; a key-code?
 >
 > Thanks,
 > Gregory Guthrie

UNSUBSCRIBE UNSUBSCRIBE UNSUBSCRIBE UNSUBSCRIBE UNSUBSCRIBE UNSUBSCRIBE UNSUBSCRIBE UNSUBSCRIBE UNSUBSCRIBE UNSUBSCRIBE UNSUBSCRIBE UNSUBSCRIBE UNSUBSCRIBE UNSUBSCRIBE UNSUBSCRIBE UNSUBSCRIBE UNSUBSCRIBE UNSUBSCRIBE UNSUBSCRIBE UNSUBSCRIBE UNSUBSCRIBE UNSUBSCRIBE UNSUBSCRIBE UNSUBSCRIBE UNSUBSCRIBE UNSUBSCRIBE UNSUBSCRIBE UNSUBSCRIBE UNSUBSCRIBE UNSUBSCRIBE UNSUBSCRIBE UNSUBSCRIBE UNSUBSCRIBE UNSUBSCRIBE UNSUBSCRIBE

James K. Kroger, Ph.D.
Center for the Study of Brain, Mind, and Behavior
Department of Psychology
3-N-4D Green Hall
Princeton University
Princeton, NJ 08544-1010, USA