Re: vanishing mail

On Fri, Dec 08, 2000 at 03:44:53PM -0500, A R wrote:
> I tried fetchmailconf, but missundersatnding of the used terminology
> made me fail at that. So, after reading "info fetchmail", I changed my
> .fetchmailrc as follows:
> ****************************
> # Configuration created Tue Dec  5 14:18:33 2000 by fetchmailconf
> # and later edited by hand by me, tony, on the 8-dec-2000
> set postmaster "tony"
> set no bouncemail
> set properties ""
>
> poll postoffice.worldnet.att.net proto POP3
> user "arodriguez" is user "tony" here
> password "boombeemboomhere-not the real one"
>
> smtphost mailhost.worldnet.att.net

I'm not sure what you're upto, our what your setup is, but I suspect
a small glitch here. What happens now is that all your mail that you
fetched from postoffice.worldnet.att.net is send to some user named
tony at mailhost.worldnet.att.net whoever that may be. I suspect that
that's not you as your name at your IPS's smtp server seems to be arodriguez.

The normal setup is to have no smtphost specified and hence use the default
of localhost.  Be sure to setup Exim or what ever you  use as your local
smtp server to allow relaying for localhost!

--
groetjes, carel