Re: vnc problem: unable to connect to vnc server

Phil Brutsche <pbrutsch@tux.creighton.edu> writes:

> A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far way, someone said...
>
> > I am trying, unsuccessfully, to make a VNC connection from Windows98 (office of
> > my client) to my woody machine.

> The text you see in ~/.vnc/passwd is the encrypted form of the password
> you assigned the connection - something is very wrong if you can enter the
> encrypted password and gain access to the X11 session.
>
> Try running vncpasswd to re-assign your password.

Thank you Phil, that was it!. Now, one more question, how do I make the
connection "through an ssh tunnel" (I can make a "terminal" ssh connection -
via putty - I just don't know how to use ssh to connect to the vnc
server). Thanks again

Peter

--
Giulio Morgan