Re: X weirdness after today's woody upgrade

on Fri, Dec 08, 2000 at 12:14:06AM -0800, Bob Nielsen (nielsen@oz.net) wrote:
> After running an upgrade of woody today I notice two strange things
> happening with X:
>
> 1.  If I try to run X as a user, I get the message:
>
> X: user not authorized to run the X server, aborting.

This question has appeared several times in the past few days, check
archives.

> The second line in Xserver says "Console" so a user should be permitted
> to run X.

Look at /etc/X11/Xwrapper.config.  You need to modify it as follows:

    >allowed_users=rootonly
    <allowed_users=console

IMO this is a packaging bug, but it doesn't appear to have been fixed
yet.

> 2.  I had set X to run the version 3 xserver-svga, but version 4.01
> runs instead.

Canna help you there.