Re: xlibs error

Gareth Bowker <tgb96@aber.ac.uk> writes:

> dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/xlibs_4.0.1-10_i386.deb
> (--unpack):
>  trying to overwrite `/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults', which is also in
> package xpaint
>
> Any help resolving this would be great as apt refuses to work until I
> fix this.

Do a `apt-get remove xpaint` and after finishing the dist-upgrade, you
should be able to reinstall xpaint.

This may happen with other packages, too: xosview, ghostscript. Same
procedure.

At first, I contacted the xlibs maintainer, he said that the other
packages (which cause the xlibs error on the app-default link) have to
be modified. I wrote them a couple of days ago, but at least xosview
(on my machine) still is not "compatible"

I hope the maintainer will fix this ASAP.

--

Tschoe,
 Jens