Re: AuthUserFile directive not working?

On Tue, Dec 05, 2000 at 05:01:41PM +0800, Anthony Treanor wrote:
> If I try and configure the directory /home/prosourc/public_html/admin with
>
> <Directory /home/prosourc/public_html/admin/>
> AllowOverride AuthConfig
> </Directory>
>
> .htaccess file
>
> AuthUserFile	/etc/apache/passwd
> AuthGroupFile /dev/null
> AuthName	"Test"
> AuthType	Basic
>
> require valid-user
>
> And then access that directory from the web, I am prompted for a user name
> and password.
> I enter the user name and password, but nothing really happens, the
> following line is in the log file
>
> [Thu Dec  7 16:55:22 2000] [error] user dev not found: /admin

Have you tried changing AuthGroupFile?  That has "dev" in it, so
might explain the "dev" in the error...  You can use AuthUserFile
without specifying the group file at all - just remove the AuthGroupFile
line.

Also, your "require" has a lowercase "R" (it probably doesn't matter,
but I'm being picky...)

Francis

--
Home: francis@flourish.org  Web: www.flourish.org