Re: Mail Problems

On Thu, Dec 07, 2000 at 10:27:22PM +1000, krpa wrote:
> Hi
>
> Can anyone help me with this problem, which I suspect is permission related.
>
> When accessing mail through  MS Express I get -  ERR Error locking your mailbox.
>
> On the mail server - SendMail - I get  - cucipop: Error opening keith's mailbox.
is the home dir of the user owned by user, not by root? has this user
write permissions, like 700 or 755

is /var/spool/mail/user owned by user, and writeable by user, mode 600

i had a similair problem with an exim+cucipop mail server, and that
was because their homedir was owned by root...

> Mail in my (and everyone elses) mailbox is not deleted after I pick it up and I thus end up with multiple copies of the same message.
please wrap your lines at 72 chars or something
--
> Name:           Alson van der Meulen      <
> Personal:       alson@linuxfreak.nl       <
> School:       alson@gymnasiumleiden.nl    <
hey, what does mkfs do?