Re: Xemacs 21.1 and Gnus 5.8.3

On Wednesday 06 December 2000 09:14, Nate Bargmann wrote:
> Yesterday I updated to 2.2r2 and decided to give Xemacs and Gnus a
> try (I had been playing with Emacs 20.7 and Gnus 5.7 and it worked
> fine). The problem seems to be that Gnus is ignoring the
> .newsrc-dribble file and is reading the entire active file from my
> ISP's news server.

Check your setting for gnus-read-active-file.

 *Non-nil means that Gnus will read the entire active file at startup.
  If this variable is nil, Gnus will only know about the groups in your
  `.newsrc' file.

You probably want 'nil' or 'some'.

--
Bud Rogers <budr@sirinet.net>   http://www.sirinet.net/~budr/zamm.html
    All things in moderation.  And not too much moderation either.