Re: anacron wrote me

On Mon, Dec 04, 2000 at 10:57:44PM +0100, Andre Berger wrote:
> I (username: andre) had this in my mail:
>
> The date of the message is:    Mon, 28 Jan 1980 05:14:21 +0100
>
> The address to which the message has not yet been delivered is:
>
>   root@mir.germanistik.uni-bonn.de
>     /etc/aliases (lsearch lookup):
>     file mode 0664 should not contain 0020
>
> This /etc/aliases, root.root, 644:

> What should I answer? :)

It looks like your system corrected the permission on /etc/aliases
itself.  You don't have to do anything.

It looks to me like your /etc/aliases used to have permission
664, and your anacron script noticed and warned you, and also
fixed the permission by itself.  So you should not have to do
anything.  But don't change the permission of /etc/aliases
back to 664... if you are having problems with reading
/etc/aliases in one of your applications, then the solution
is not changing the permission on /etc/aliases but some other
approach.

--
bjb@achilles.net
I am the "ILOVEGNU" signature virus. Just copy me to your signature.