DPMS not working

Hi,

Does anyone have any ideas why my DPMS features stopped working
sometime around the time I upgraded to XFree86 4?  `xset q' says:

DPMS (Energy Star):
  Standby: 1200    Suspend: 1800    Off: 2400
  DPMS is Enabled
  Monitor is On

But no matter how long the computer sits idle, DPMS never seems to be
enabled.  Also `xset dpms force <state>' doesn't do anything.

\\// | R | T R | L B | //\\ ~ Michael Abraham Shulman
mailto:shulman@caltech.edu  ~ jabber://mas@jabber.org
http://kurukshetra.cjb.net/ ~ GnuPG Public Key #21A279E5

DEFAME, v.t. To lie about another. To tell the truth about another.
        -- Ambrose Bierce