apache / mod_auth_sys on woody

Hi,

	has anyone lately tried mod_auth_sys (gets installed but
deactivated by default) to get run ? Can't get it to work; just
gives me always 'user not found' in the error log file, I tried

require valid-user
require user <localuser>

I downloaded the mod_auth_sys.c source myself from
modules.apache.org; compilation went O.K. (besides removing -ldb
from final link) but only seems to half-work when saying no to
shadow password support (altough my system definitly uses shadow
passwords) and get passwd mismatch then.

any ideas ?

	Markus

--
Markus Fischer,  http://josefine.ben.tuwien.ac.at/~mfischer/