sawmill-client problems

I'm using a version of Debian Potato, and the sawmill package
isn't working properly. Sorry, I'm not on my own computer just
now so I can't tell you what version of the package it is.

When I select it in the the GNOME control centre it complains
to the shell that it can't start sawmill-client. As far as I
know the package installed fine, but it wont start. I didn't try starting it on its own with xinit though so I don't know if it
works on its own.

Thanks for any help, Richard