Re: exim+logrotate

On Tue, Dec 05, 2000 at 10:09:33PM -0200, chiappa@centroin.com.br wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have a few questions, and I will appreciate very much any help:
>
> 1) I have entries for exim in /etc/cron.d, /etc/cron.daily/ and
> /etc/ppp/ip-up.d. I can understand the last entry, it starts exim when I
> dial-up my ISP. Why the first two?
if you've your ppp connection permanently open, it would only flush
it's queue if you dial-in, which appears rather seldom if you've a
'permanent' internet connection, so it has to be dony thru cron, so
this will assure it will be done every day at least.

BTW: this entries are useless if exim is ran in daemon mode, since it
will flush it's queues itself. it can be useful if you explicitly want
to flush it, just before you disconnect for example.

> Name:           Alson van der Meulen      <
> Personal:       alson@linuxfreak.nl       <
> School:       alson@gymnasiumleiden.nl    <
Where's the DIR command?