kernel crash.

I'm trying to share my PCMCIA multifunctional card (Psion Gold Card
Netglobal 56K+10/100Mb CardBus, PCMCIA 3.1.22, debian 2.2r2, kernel 2.2.17)
with an another debian computer on my network (2 machines on network, my
laptop and duron based machine with crossover cable). PPPd seems to die and
then the network hangs on a tx timeout, resulting in a complete freeze.
Normally I just reset and try again with later releases of the drivers,
however tonight I left the screen to see if it would unfreeze.

I looked in an hour later and there was a kernel oops/crash on the screen
(I'd been watching the eth0 debug messages on screen with tail -f
/var/log/syslog). I seem to remember Aiee ....Mmmm killed interrupt
handler.....Mmmm...... killed idle task ?

My question is as the machine has hung how do I get a copy of the crash data
(dump ?). Is it stored somewhere or should I resort to pen and paper ?

What are the most important bits to report ? Where do I report it, PCMCIA
3.1.22 bug, pppd bug, kernel bug ?

Help !

Derm.