Re: Number of processors

On Tue, 5 Dec 2000, Christopher W. Aiken wrote:

> Nope.  We have to use some "C" or "C++" system/function call.  Our
> programmers don't want to depend on the /proc file system being
> available.

Any reasonable Linux system will have the /proc file system.  There is no
way to do it in C.  If there were, it would certainly not be portable,
which is the only real disadvantage of using /proc.  If they don't want to
read /proc/cpuinfo perhaps they would rather read /dev/kmem? :}

A complete list of system calls is in /usr/include/asm/unistd.h and/or in
/usr/man/man2.  If there should happen to be a way, it'll be in one of
those two places (but I don't think there is).