Re: fetchmail problem

New Star Service Company wrote:

> I create .fetchmailrc file in my /home/satyajit .
> like this :
> default
> forcecr
> poll spnetctg.com with proto POP
> user satyajit with password "xxxx"
> fetchall
>
> and give command in root
> # chmod 0710 /home/satyajit/.fetchmailrc
>
> I take connection and use this command in my /home/satyajit
> $ fetchmail -K pop.spnetctg.com
> password : <I give password here>
>
> but fetchmail give me following error but it show me how many message in my
> pop server.
> fetchmail : SMTP connect to localhost failed
> fetchmail : SMTP transaction error while fetching from pop.spnetctg.com
> fetchmail : Query status = 10
>
> please help me how can I solve this problem.

I think that the problem is not with fetchmail: fetchmail get's you mail
from the POP server, but fails to deliver it to your local MTA
(sendmail/exim/postfix/qmail/whatever).
I had this problem before... I had to remove a smtpd package (IIRC) and
change a thing in sendmail configuration...

I know this isn't much help, but at least you know where the problem is
(if I'm right, that is :) ).

yours,

fsm
--