Re: Mail deleted locally -> deleted on the server?

If I understand what you are saying, I don't think it will work like that.  I
use fetchmail, but not mutt.  Fetchmail simply gets the mail from the server and
stores it locally.  AFAIK mutt (or any other mailer) can't communicate with
fetchmail since fetchmail doesn't take direction from other apps.  If you aren't
running fetchmail in daemon mode then fetchmail won't even be running while you
read your mail.

I think you need some other sort of setup, like maybe using a mailer that can
access the IMAP folder directly instead of using fetchmail.

(maybe fetchmail can accept requests to delete particular messages form the
server,  another more experienced person will have to comment on that)

-D